Author Topic: Basketball game  (Read 1412 times)

Offline herdfifteen

Re: Basketball game
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2017, 11:52:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With Burks and Elmore at 6 3/4 why would you say that?  Watson is in that range as well
    Strike the height issue, it is not a sound strategy.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2017, 11:52:16 AM »

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 12:30:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 3 pt misses don't bounce farther away from the rim?

with our style, it's absolutely the strategy.  We don't want the ogar back to the basket player that can't dribble anywher or shoot or defend outside of 3 feet from the rim.....unless we find someone special like Bennet. 

So maybe everyone will be happy next year!  those that understand what DD is doing and those that don't.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust, herdfan129

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 12:45:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 3 pt misses don't bounce farther away from the rim?

with our style, it's absolutely the strategy.  We don't want the ogar back to the basket player that can't dribble anywher or shoot or defend outside of 3 feet from the rim.....unless we find someone special like Bennet. 

So maybe everyone will be happy next year!  those that understand what DD is doing and those that don't.
    You have cleared that up for everyone, they bounce farther away from the basket toward us and not our opponent.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2017, 12:46:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That’s actually good.  I forgot we don’t know where it’s bouncing
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2017, 02:13:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This style of play does generate a lot of hustle rebounds from Guards/Forwards on long bounces.

I see what DD is building and I honestly believe in it 100%. I'm not saying he is going to win a National Championship, but in my heart, I believe if we could ever make a run at it, this is the way to do it.

Every year you can watch his teams get better as the season progresses. Watching the WV Tech game leaves me very excited. As a team over all, we look so much longer, faster, and just a lot more athletic in general. I love the full court pressure and have been waiting to see if we make this something we just do most of/all the time. Fingers crossed that we do this after every made basket.

Also, no problem with Mijovich starting with our current situation. If he is going to need to give us minutes no matter what, maybe DD likes the way the rotation works out with him starting, maybe he changes his mind, who knows. Either way, he's going to HAVE to give us some positive minutes when he gets in this year.

Man, Darius George is LONG. West looks like an upper class guy and is so fun to watch on defense. The Lefty Juco is solid as is Williams. To me, it looks like DD has started to figure out recruiting a little bit more. Getting athletic guys like this who fit our system has me ready to buckle in and enjoy the ride.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, horsrman, chris88, herdorbust

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2017, 06:25:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What a great kid West is. We talked to him today and he is just such a nice young man. Said he absolutely loves it here at Marshall and loves playing for DD. He has so much passion for what he is doing and his mom and Dad should be proud. He is going to have a really good career here. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have the steals record when he leaves Marshall.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2017, 06:25:38 PM »