Author Topic: Sports spending data for FY2023  (Read 472 times)

TeaysValleyThunder, kpimichael (+ 1 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online MUfan08

Sports spending data for FY2023
« on: Yesterday at 09:51:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://x.com/TJAltimore/status/1791470949746848202

Interesting we spend the second most for Football and Basketball in the Sun Belt.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, HerdEcon, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

Sports spending data for FY2023
    « on: Yesterday at 09:51:24 AM »

Offline SuperAnjario

Re: Sports spending data for FY2023
    « Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 10:22:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tough charts for the "we don't have resources" crowd. 

That narrative is pushed by loser AD types to cover their (@/:;.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, muherd34, HerdEcon, miltonherdfan, herdfan129

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:24:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall has excellent facilities.  No excuse for losing.  Recruit better.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, Always THE HERD, muherd34, miltonherdfan

Online MUfan08

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:35:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

More like get coaches that know how to use their resources better (Huff and Dan).

Will say, this data does not include NIL spending from those third party collectives which are currently not under the schools' umbrella (ex: Thunder Trust).

Still, would be hard pressed that Marshall's NIL would be in similar ranking as spending shown, conference related of course.
    « Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:44:36 AM by MUfan08 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 11:28:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know what would attract people to want to be in Huntington.  Eliminate the needle exchange program in Huntington.  Get the homeless off the streets.  Huntington has become filled with zombies!  Maybe invest in tearing down crumbling infrastructure and rebuilding Huntington.  Work on getting more high paying jobs in Huntington.  Offer some type of reason to want to live in Huntington.  Upgrade river access!  We can never be an Ocean front travel destination, but we can be a sweat, clean, safe, updated little city that welcomes our guests!  The city of Huntington by nature brings the Marshall brand down.  The way the city is now if i was an apposing fan of Marshall's i would have no reason to ever want to visit Huntington.  Politicians policies have made H-Town a $hit Hol!  I moved my kid into an apartment 2 years ago, and i was astonished at how bad it had gotten.  I asked my son if he was sure he wanted to go to MU as i watched crackheads rummage through his dumpster less than a block away from the MU campus.  Not a day goes by where i don't worry about his safety.  Making Huntington nice again would go a long way in taking Marshall to the next level.  If i was not a MU Grad I would have never let my son go to Marshall.  How many outsiders would let their kids go to MU after seeing this dumpster fire called Huntington.  Huntington has one thing going for it.  That would be the good hearted' people that still pull over and help strangers broken down on the side of the road.  What is remaining of our good natured popularization is all we have left.  It doesn't seem that the people running Huntington have the best interest of Huntington at the forefront of their decision making!  Sorry if you don't like the facts.  It needs to be said!  No one wants to come to Marshall because Huntington is a $hit hole!   

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 11:34:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tough charts for the "we don't have resources" crowd. 

That narrative is pushed by loser AD types to cover their (@/:;.

And loser coaches

Smith and Spears have to make a great hire for football at end of season

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Online svherd

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 12:39:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Certainly not a good look for Huff or Dan.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdEcon, miltonherdfan

Offline whf

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 12:55:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know what would attract people to want to be in Huntington.  Eliminate the needle exchange program in Huntington.  Get the homeless off the streets.  Huntington has become filled with zombies!  Maybe invest in tearing down crumbling infrastructure and rebuilding Huntington.  Work on getting more high paying jobs in Huntington.  Offer some type of reason to want to live in Huntington.  Upgrade river access!  We can never be an Ocean front travel destination, but we can be a sweat, clean, safe, updated little city that welcomes our guests!  The city of Huntington by nature brings the Marshall brand down.  The way the city is now if i was an apposing fan of Marshall's i would have no reason to ever want to visit Huntington.  Politicians policies have made H-Town a $hit Hol!  I moved my kid into an apartment 2 years ago, and i was astonished at how bad it had gotten.  I asked my son if he was sure he wanted to go to MU as i watched crackheads rummage through his dumpster less than a block away from the MU campus.  Not a day goes by where i don't worry about his safety.  Making Huntington nice again would go a long way in taking Marshall to the next level.  If i was not a MU Grad I would have never let my son go to Marshall.  How many outsiders would let their kids go to MU after seeing this dumpster fire called Huntington.  Huntington has one thing going for it.  That would be the good hearted' people that still pull over and help strangers broken down on the side of the road.  What is remaining of our good natured popularization is all we have left.  It doesn't seem that the people running Huntington have the best interest of Huntington at the forefront of their decision making!  Sorry if you don't like the facts.  It needs to be said!  No one wants to come to Marshall because Huntington is a $hit hole!
    Here we go again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  we all know you hate the place and everyone who tries to do well, or contribute there.  Why not come in and do it all  yourself; you seem to know all the problems, perhaps you've got all the answers too.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, herdtown

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 01:50:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

There are no more walking "zombies" as any other town. Heck, you want to see more? Just drive 50 miles east and walk around Charleston. Some of you that keep acting like Huntington is the worst place ever is out of your mind. Could it be better? You bet!! But it isn't nearly as bad as some of you make it out to be. I guess you have your eyes closed when you go to other cities. I've been to a LOT of cities that I didn't even feel comfortable getting out of my car. I never have that feeling in Huntington.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, svherd

Offline MUther

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 08:30:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Could be Temple spending twice what we do on football and sucking 3 times as bad.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline muherd34

« Reply #10 on: Today at 09:11:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We spend money to compete.  Also we are ver very competitive with NIL money with our conference members.  It all comes down to coaching?.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, svherd

Online svherd

« Reply #11 on: Today at 09:56:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• There are no more walking "zombies" as any other town. Heck, you want to see more? Just drive 50 miles east and walk around Charleston. Some of you that keep acting like Huntington is the worst place ever is out of your mind. Could it be better? You bet!! But it isn't nearly as bad as some of you make it out to be. I guess you have your eyes closed when you go to other cities. I've been to a LOT of cities that I didn't even feel comfortable getting out of my car. I never have that feeling in Huntington.

The fact that every town deals with it is not an excuse to let it run unchecked like Williams has. Ridiculous how many uncertified homes are in this town. I hope the next Mayor shuts them down and tries to control it like Parkersburg and Charleston have. That said, Huntington and Marshall are moving forward. Love MU's growth.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: Today at 09:56:28 AM »

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #12 on: Today at 12:10:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We spend money to compete.  Also we are ver very competitive with NIL money with our conference members.  It all comes down to coaching?.

It's coaching

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, svherd, puma

Online MUfan08

« Reply #13 on: Today at 07:27:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

What does this poorly structured post (paragraphs are your friend) of drivel have to do with Marshall spending compared to the rest of the Sun Belt in sports?

Anyways, hoping Corny will be able to use the resources better than Dan for basketball.
    Hopefully Smith and Spears have their short list for football coaches come November. Look for coaches with staff at the FCS level.

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #14 on: Today at 07:38:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What does this poorly structured post (paragraphs are your friend) of drivel have to do with Marshall spending compared to the rest of the Sun Belt in sports?

Anyways, hoping Corny will be able to use the resources better than Dan for basketball.
    Hopefully Smith and Spears have their short list for football coaches come November. Look for coaches with staff at the FCS level.

100%

Online MUonium

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:49:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i don't know if MU is debt free now or not.  are we spending within budgets?  i didn't expect MU to be near the top in those lists.  anyway, i respect those schools who are at the bottom of these lists but who are at the mid-to-top of the winner's lists.  we're not bad but we're not great either.  i get a sense everybody/Herd/AD is looking and going in the right direction, things seem to be relatively solid

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:49:22 PM »